Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist
MBBS, DNB (Dermatology)
Advanced Dermatology Fellowship in Lasers and Dermatosurgery, Singapore
Clinical and Cosmetic dermatology, Lasers, Facial sculpting (Botox, Fillers), Dermatosurgery
Dr. Sama Rais has worked in various clinics and hospital across Mumbai where she has had the experience of handling large volumes of clinical outpatient and inpatient dermatology cases and has the expertise and in depth knowledge to deal with a vast panel of lasers.
After completing Masters in Dermatology from Mumbai, Dr. Rais went on to pursue a Fellowship in Advanced dermatology in Lasers and Dermatosurgery from Singapore, at Asia’s largest skin institute of international repute, where she trained under the mentorship of some of the world renowned dermatologists.
Dr. Rais is one of the few Indian doctors to have received a formal and intensive training in advanced botox and fillers through various ‘Human Facial Cadaveric Dissection And Workshops’ across the world including Singapore and Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok and Paris. This ensures a thorough understanding of the ageing face and the facial anatomy when dealing with facial sculpting and augmentation. She is passionate about traveling to bring back to India newer technologies and stay updated with advanced techniques in cosmetic dermatology, fillers, botox and threadlifts to ensure best outcomes for non surgical facelifts.
Dr. Rais is skilled to tackle cosmetic and dermatology issues with a holistic approach ranging from healthy lifestyle modification guidance to medical to non-surgical correction involving lasers, energy based devices to minimally invasive procedures. She also has vast experience in managing skin and hair problems associated hormonal conditions such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and others.
Dr. Rais is well versed with varied cosmetic procedures involving:
Hair loss problems
such as acne scars
Facial sculpting :
To improve facial contours with botox, fillers
Non surgical facelifts:
Radiofrequency, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound HIFU), Threadlifts, fillers Dermatosurgeries including mole removal, ear lobe repair, electrosurgery, nail surgeries.
Academics/Research/Awards Dr Rais has authored chapters for various textbooks for Post graduate students, such as:
- IADVL Textbook Of Dermatology (Fourth Edition): Chapter on Management of Acne Scars
- Textbook of Cosmetic Dermatology: Chapter on Mesoporation and Iontophoresis
She has had publications in National and International journals and presentations at various conferences such as:
- Lupus Erythematosus panniculitis presenting with initial periorbital swelling and positive APLA, a rare association : Internet journal of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology 2013
- Cutis: Bullous Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with Lupus Nephritis: A Rare Case of Subepidermal Bullous Disorder in a Child (Jan 2012) – Youngest Case Report
- IADVL (Maharashtra Branch) Clinical Meet May’10: A series of cases of pigmentation abnormalities
- Case of PseudoXanthoma Elasticum :Cuticon 2008